About my nose... The idea for this book grew from a discovery about my nose I made while visiting Hawaii several years ago. I came upon a tiny natural perfumery at the northern tip of Maui. At the time, I did not know what natural perfumery was, only that I was allergic to traditional perfume (probably due to their synthetic ingredients which are petrol based). I picked up a perfume and gave it a whiff. It was completely different that what I'd smelled at department stores, like sticking my nose into a fresh bouquet of lilacs, the ones with the velvety, almost soap-like scent. But more importantly, I noticed that the perfume came with not only a listing of its botanical 'notes,' but also its dominant musical notes (B, E flat, etc.), and not only that, I could actually hear these notes when I smelled them. I was born with perfect pitch (the ability to identify and/or reproduce musical pitches), but I never thought it could extend to my nose. To confirm that was what was happening, the proprietress of the perfumery blind tested my nose with her other perfumes. I was able to correctly identify the pitches I 'smelled,' and I've been noticing the notes ever since. This kind of synesthesia is apparently rare, but what it taught me is that until that moment, I hadn't been paying attention to my nose as much as I could've. Smell is one of the most underutilized senses, and I hope The Secret of a Heart Note encourages people to wake up and smell the roses. <3
Visit my perfumery - http://sweetbriarperfumes.etsy.com
- ►Blog (11)
- ►Contests (11)
- ►Cute Animal Videos (3)
- ▼Giveaways (12)
- ARC Winner for Spooktacular Blog Hop
- Earthshaking OUTRUN THE MOON Giveaway—No Purchase Necessary
- Fancy OUTRUN THE MOON Preorder Giveaway—Peacock Fascinators!
- Goodreads Giveaway of an ARC of UNDER A PAINTED SKY
- Goodreads Giveaway of Under a Painted Sky
- Outrun the Moon Giveaway - Historic Map, Cat Combs, Charms
- Preorder THE SECRET OF A HEART NOTE For A Personalized Perfume Recipe
- Spooktacular Blog Hop - ARC Giveaway + Deleted Hanging Scene from UNDER A PAINTED SKY
- THE SECRET OF A HEART NOTE Advanced Reading Copies are here!
- THE SECRET OF A HEART NOTE GIVEAWAY #2: Tote + Spell Book + Journal + Fresh Sugar Lip Treatment + Stila Raspberry Lip & Cheek Stain + Mermaid Perfumes Aromatherapy Massage Oil
- The Secret Of A Heart Note Necklace Giveaway Winners!
- Under a Painted Sky Paperback Debut Giveaway!
- ►Groups I Dig (2)
- ►Life (4)
- ►The Great Writing Adventure (12)
- ►Blog (11)
Category Archives: Giveaways
Congrats to the three winners of the #TheSecretOfAHeartNote Bookstagram contest! Each wins a gorgeous necklace made by @celeste_pewter. In no particular order: 1) @books_n_dragons posted a beauty featuring the book on top of a pile of charming, old-fashioned knickknacks: I … Continue reading
Oh la la! I’m very excited to announce the second giveaway to celebrate the upcoming release of my third book, THE SECRET OF A HEART NOTE! Here are the giveaway specifics: One gorgeous tote (the one on the right) commissioned by … Continue reading
My third book, THE SECRET OF A HEART NOTE releases 12/27 and to celebrate, I’ll be doing several giveaways during December! In addition to the giveaways, the first one hundred preorders will receive a personalized perfume recipe of scent notes written … Continue reading
It’s been fourth months since OUTRUN THE MOON was released! Since Mercy Wong does not care for the number four, it’s time to turn that number into something special with a giveaway! The prizes: an illustrated historical map of … Continue reading
I’m excited to bring you THREE GIVEAWAYS in celebration of the upcoming launch of Outrun the Moon, and you can enter ALL OF THEM with no purchase necessary. OUTRUN THE MOON takes place just after the turn of the century, in 1906, … Continue reading
I’m incredibly excited about my third book, THE SECRET OF A HEART NOTE, which releases 12/27/16 from Katherine Tegen books, about a sixteen-year-old aromateur with an extraordinary nose, the last in a long line of love witches, who scrambles to reverse the … Continue reading